Doug Bevington Joins the Avian Technologies Team
As of May 1, 2012, Doug Bevington of Mono Instruments Canada will join Avian Technologies as a Scientific Technician specializing in instrument support and maintenance for our customers in the United States. Doug’s expertise will enable Avian Technologies to provide additional services in support of our mission. These include:
- Performance of scheduled preventive maintenance tasks, such as alignment, cleaning of opto-mechanical assembles, to detect and prevent problems.
- Testing, repair or rebuilding of faulty circuit boards or opto-mechanical assemblies for inventory, using test equipment and software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
- Calibration of instrumentation and installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications. Maintenance of calibration standards and preparation of written calibration procedures.
- Support of Avian Technologies’ client base by phone, email or on-site. Evaluation of data and preparation of reports to enhance client applications and methodology of optical materials measurements.
- Design and manufacture of replacement parts, electronic or mechanical assemblies that are no longer available, such as the Infrared Detector assemblies, to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Training Avian Technologies staff on the maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, alignment, test and calibration of the specific instrumentation for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications.
Avian Technologies has been working with Doug for the last decade and is now pleased to formalize our relationship. We are extremely well acquainted with his skills, his education and his work experience. Mr. Bevington has a specialized Bachelor’s diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology from the DeVry Institute in Canada but much more importantly from our perspective, he has 18 years of hands-on employment with Perkin-Elmer where he obtained the unique skills necessary to maintain, repair and service Perkin-Elmer spectrophotometers. Combined with these specialized skills, Mr. Bevington has undergone intensive and specialized training in Japan for the maintenance and servicing the Murakami Color Research Laboratory product line.