Avian-B coating is a water based barium sulfate coating, primarily designed for laboratory applications. The coating is highly lambertian and exhibits reflectance of >97% over from 350-850 nm and greater than 92% from 250-1300 nm. When applied, the coating is stable from -40 degrees C to +90 degrees C. The coating is easily applied to most metal substrates and can be applied to other materials with proper surface preparation.
Avian-B is a well characterized coating that has been used for diffuse reflectance applications for more than 20 years.
Avian-B coating is available as either bulk coating or as coating services. Bulk coating comes shipped with preparation and coating instruction. The bulk coating ships without the alcohol propellant/co-solvent. Once propellant/solvent is added, one liter of Avian-B premix coating makes approximately two liters of finished coating.
- Integrating spheres
- Line and cylindrical scanners and illuminators
- Reflective diffuser panels
- Reflectance standards for laboratory and remote sensing applications
- Collection spheres for fiber optic evaluation
- Any place a high reflectance coating is needed for a laboratory application